Design Develop Learning Material
- SAQA Unit Standard 115755. (Design and develop outcomes-based assessments. NQF Level 6, 10 Credits)
- SAQA Unit Standard 123394. (Develop outcomes-based learning programmes. NQF Level 5, 10 Credits.)
- SAQA Unit Standard 123397. (Evaluate a learning intervention using given evaluation instruments. NQF Level 5, 10 Credits.)
- SAQA Unit Standard 123401. (Design outcomes-based learning programmes. NQF Level 6, 15 Credits)
- Duration: 5 days
- Credits Earned: 45
Entry Requirements to attend Design Develop Learning Material
- Proficiency in English on an NQF level 4 (Grade 12)
- Learners must have achieved unit standard NLRD 115753: Conduct outcomes-based assessment, or equivalent
- Are competent in the relevant field in which they are designing assessments, or have access to subject matter experts
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits to me?
- You can Design Develop Learning Material for in-house training materials
- You get a real qualification in this field and it will accumulate credits towards a further qualification in this and other fields.
- Allow for a change in career focus
- Allows you to take on new responsibilities in the company
What does a Designer/Developer of Learning Material do?
- Analyse unit standards, qualifications and client requirements for the design and development of outcomes-based learning material
- Design the learning material (Learner Guide, Facilitator Guide, Assessment Guide, Assessment tools and instruments, Facilitation presentation slides) aligned with learning outcomes, criteria and client specifications
- Develop the outcomes-based learning material and tools
Who should attend the training?
- Those wishing to attend a SETA Accredited training programme on moderation
- Those wanting to gain a formal qualification in Design and Develop of Learning Material
- ETD Practitioners
- Those working towards the Occupationally Directed Education Training and Development Practices (ODETDP) Qualification
How does one become a Designer/Developer of learning material?
- Attend a Design and Develop of Learning Material programme
- Qualify as a Designer and Developer of Learning Material
What qualification does this programme link to?
- 50334 National Certificate: Occupationally Directed Education Training and Development Practices – Level 5
- 50333 National Diploma: Occupationally Directed Education, Training and Development Practices – Level 550331
- National Certificate: Occupationally Directed Education, Training and Development Practices – Level 6
- 61592 National Diploma: Human Resources Management and Practices – Level 5
You will learn how to:
- Evaluate, Design & Develop outcomes-based Assessments activities and guides
- Design & Develop outcomes-based learning programmes
- Evaluate a learning intervention using given evaluation instruments
- Plan and prepare for development
- Design & Develop outcomes-based learning materials and facilitation guidelines
- Pilot and evaluate the development
- Plan and prepare for the evaluation
- Collect and record data and then analyse and interpret data
- Review the evaluation process and compile an evaluation report
- Draft learning outcomes for the programme
- Conduct analysis and evaluate the learning design
- This ETDP SETA accredited training programme is linked to the Occupationally Directed Education Training and
- Development Practices (ODETDP) Qualification.