What is the difference between a Qualification, Learning Programme, Skills Programme and short courses?
- Qualifications are normally made of various modules and subjects. A qualification can either be a certificate, diploma, higher diploma, or a degree. All of these are recognised at different levels from a NQF level 1 to a level 10.
- Learning programmes are normally qualifications in a specific direction. The qualification of Community house building will have a Learning programme (LP) in plastering, brick laying etc.
- Part qualification, is made up of various unit standards which clustered together will be a skills programme. This is taken from a full qualification. Hence the name part qualification.
- Skills programme is made up of 2 or more unit standards in the same industry which may tie into a full qualification.
- Short courses are normally made up of an individual unit standard.