The SAQA Qualification 97542- Occupational Certificate Early Childhood Development Practitioner (ECD) qualification is a qualification that empowers the learner to follow a career within Early Childhood Development. An Early Childhood Development Practitioner plans and prepares early childhood activities, facilities and mediates learning, observes and assesses the progress of children, and reflects on learning in an inclusive, play-based environment to support holistic development of children in different center-based or non-center-based settings.
A qualified learner will be able to:
- Plan and prepare inclusive activities to support the holistic development and well-being of children
- Facilitate and mediate appropriate holistic learning of every child
- Observe, assess and record each child’s progress according to the age and stage
- Develop reports of children’s development and learning
- Promote the well-being, health, safety and protection of children
DOWNLOAD ECD BROCHURE