SAQA 50334: Occupational Directed Educational Training and Development Practices
Further Educational Training Certificate: Occupational Directed Educational Training and Development Practices is an entry-level qualification, and the first in a series, which leads to levels 5 Diploma and 6 Qualifications for those who want to enter the field of Education, Training and Development (ETD). Learners of this qualification will have the opportunity to build on this qualification via the certificate or diploma in ODETD at level 5. This qualification makes it possible for practitioners to increase their employment prospects, and at the same time provide a means whereby organisations can appoint practitioners in line with proven competencies. Education, Training and Development is also a priority area within the South African context and is supported by legislation, national policies and strategies.
- Certificate level: 5
- Credits Earned: 151
- Entry Requirements:
It is assumed that practitioners have expertise in the subject/occupation field in which they intend to provide education, training and development, at a level required to engage meaningfully in ETD within that field. It is also assumed that learners working towards this qualification hold a FETC or equivalent. Further learning assumptions are specified within the associated unit standards where required.
Skills and Knowledge Acquired by a Qualified ODETD Practitioner on NQF Level 5
An ODETD Practitioner on NQF level 5:
- Design and develop learning interventions.
- Facilitate learning.
- Design and conduct assessments.
- Facilitate skills development
Training is provided to individuals or to corporates. This qualification can be completed as following:
- This option is available to corporates for groups.
- This option is available to corporates and individuals.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- Qualifying learners may be able to complete the qualification as RPL.
- Qualifications can be presented for corporates as learnerships.
- Support is available to learners via Skype, email, phone or setting up an appointment to meet with one of our facilitators for guidance.
Download Enrolment Form
Download Training Schedule