Frequently Asked Questions
The Learner Support Training Programme equips one to assist others on their path to learning success. Guide learners, advise learners and support learners on their journey their career development is tremendously rewarding.
Knowledge and skill will be gained in the following areas:
- Identify and analyse learner needs.
- Prepare and develop an individual development plan.
- Provide assistance, support and guidance to learners.
- Maintain records of assistance, support and guidance of learners.
- Develop a broad plan for skills development and training for implementing the NQF in an organisation.
- Review assistance, support and guidance provided.
Who should attend the training?
- Those wishing to attend a SETA accredited training programme in this field.
- Those wanting to obtain a formal qualification in this field.
- Career Guidance Practitioners.
- Skills Development Facilitators.
- Facilitators, Trainers, Lecturers and Teachers.
- Managers, Training Managers, HR Managers
- Coaches and Mentors.
- Those working towards an Occupationally Directed Education Training and Development Practices (ODETDP) Qualification
How does one become a Learner Support Practitioner?
What does the class attendance Learner Support Training Programme entail?
What is a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE)?
As the name implies, the Portfolio of Evidence contains different types of evidence for different purposes.
The Portfolio of Evidence contains various questions and activities which are completed by the learner.
The Portfolio of Evidence contains evidence of the learner’s ability to apply the newly acquired knowledge and skills in the workplace.
All questions in the Portfolio of Evidence are covered in the Learner Guide.
Does one need to write exams?
No, one does not need to write exams, the Portfolio of Evidence will be assessed to determine competence.
Assessment, Verification and Certification
The Portfolio of Evidence will be assessed by a registered assessor.
During assessment the assessor measures the evidence the learner submitted against the outcomes and criteria of the unit standard/qualification; compiles a report and if needed, contacts the learner for additional evidence.
When the learner is declared competent, the assessor will forward the assessment report to the learner.
The Portfolio of Evidence will be submitted to the ENJO Moderator for moderation.
On successful completion, ENJO Consultants will upload the learner’s results onto the ETDP database.
Results need to be verified by the SETA before the Statement of Results (SoR) and Certificate are issued.
The ETDP SETA will capture the learner’s results on the National Learner Record Database (NLRD).
ETDP SETA will issue a Statement of Results (SoR) that will reflect the credits earned.
ENJO Consultants will then forward the certificate and Statement of Results to the client/learner.
What qualification does this programme link to?