Quick Facts about the Facilitator Training Programme – Unit Standard 117871 – Facilitate Learning Using a Variety of Given Methodologies
- Duration: 5 days
- Credits Earned: 10
The credit calculation is based on the assumption that learners are already competent in the learning area in which they will provide training.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is in it for me?
- Credits towards a full qualification
- Opportunity to register as a facilitator with various SETAs
- 10 CPTD points allocated by SACE.
- Improves your employability
- Gives you the opportunity for a change in career focus
- Advancement in your field as an authority
- Can freelance as registered independent facilitators
- Can perform contractual moderation for ETQAs or other training providers
What does a facilitator do?
In a typical workplace environment, a facilitator will:
- Conduct assessments of outcomes-based assessments
- Ensure that the assessment process followed i.e. fair, valid and relevant
- Apply quality assurance of learning material used, training, assessment documentation, assessments and record-keeping
- Liaise with the ETQAs of the SETA’s
- Assist in the development and implementation of Skills Development policies and procedures
- Assist in development of assessment standards to test knowledge and skills of candidates during a recruitment process
- Assess evidence for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
How does one become a facilitator?
- Attend a Facilitator Training Programme based on US 117871
- Qualify as a facilitator
- Register as a facilitator with the relevant SETA’s
What does the ENJO Consultants facilitators programme entail?
- A 5-day interactive training programme (presentations, discussions, role play and practical application in a classroom environment)
- Portfolio of evidence submission on day 5 of the training.
- The portfolio of evidence contains proof of your ability to apply the newly acquired knowledge and skills in the workplace. This POE will be submitted to all necessary experts and prescribed bodies on your behalf.
When can I start using my qualification?
On successful completion of the programme, ENJO Consultants will upload your results onto the ETDP database and you will receive a certificate. The ETDP SETA will capture your results on the National Learner Record Database (NLRD) and issue a Statement of Results (SOR) that will reflect the credits you have earned.
Why would my employer pay for this training?
- They gain a registered and qualified facilitator
- You can Implement and quality assure skills development
- They will have access to skills development fund (Grants)
- You can address skills gaps
- You can develop, implement and review the training QMS
- You can liaise with SETAs
- They will have an improved BEE scorecard
Who should attend the training?
- Those wishing to attend a SETA accredited training programme on facilitation
- Facilitators wishing to register as accredited facilitator
- Child care workers
- Human Resource Managers
What qualification does this programme link to?
This ETDP SETA accredited training programme is linked to the following programmes:
- 50334 National Certificate: Occupationally Directed Education Training and Development Practices – Level 5
- 50333 National Diploma: Occupationally Directed Education, Training and Development Practices – Level 5
- 50331 National Certificate: Occupationally Directed Education, Training and Development Practices – Level 6
- 61592 National Diploma: Human Resources Management and Practices – Level 5
Good presentation skills are critical when presenting training to a group of learners in a classroom situation, or when doing one-on-one mentoring. Sales staff must give convincing sales presentations to new clients, and give feedback presentations to management. Managers regularly make presentations to staff or give feedback in a boardroom situation.
Skills learnt on this training programme include planning for the facilitation, presentation of the session and an analysis of your presentation. You will also learn important factors relating to conducting SETA accredited training programmes, which can be a powerful career asset or career changer.