3 Day Workshop
Being equipped and knowledgeable in the field of Labour Relations is essential in today’s labour market. Instituting a disciplinary hearing is never pleasant but sometimes unavoidable. Knowledge and skill in this area eases the burden of such action, improves outcomes and prevents costly mistakes.
Chairing a disciplinary hearing needs to be done with knowledge and skill and within the parameters of the Labour Relations requirements. A disciplinary hearing can be regarded as an opportunity for mediation and can provide outstanding corrective outcomes, but can also form the basis of legitimate protective action within the framework of the law. This workshop will impart the necessary knowledge and skill in conducting a disciplinary hearing. The following areas will be addressed:
- Institute Disciplinary Action Conduct a Disciplinary Hearing
- Identify and Categorise Transgressions.
- Formulate Charges.
- Implementation of Appropriate Procedures.
- Representation of an Employee at a Disciplinary Hearing.
- Conduct and manage the hearing.
- Implement procedure to handle non-dismissible offences.
- Hear pleadings.
- Take a decision regarding sanction.
- Procedures in informing the employee of and recording decisions.
- Correct procedures for proceedings and decisions.
Who should attend this workshop?
- HR Managers
- Second Level Managers
- Heads of Department
- Section Heads
- Divisional Heads
- Shop Stewards
- Union Members and Representatives
- Those who need to have knowledge and understanding of labour and employee relations.
- Those who have staff members reporting to them.
What are the benefits?
For the Individual
- This workshop will equip you with knowledge and skills in Conducting a Disciplinary Hearing and the legal requirement thereof.
- Improves employability.
- Improves productivity.
- Increases opportunities for promotion.
For the Company
- Improved BEE scorecard.
- Compliance with the Skills Development legislation.
- HR and training and development functions.
- An informed Managers and HR Department.
- Improved mediation opportunities.
- Improved outcomes for disciplinary hearings.
- Improved Labour Relations and Productivity.
What does the Disciplinary Hearing workshop entail?
- The programme entails a 3‐day non-credit bearing workshop.
- An attendance certificate will be awarded to those who complete this workshop.
What is included in this workshop?
- The workshop is facilitated by a subject matter expert.
- Attendance Certificate.
- Manual containing full workshop notes.
How do I book for this workshop?
- Those wishing to attend this workshop at ENJO Consultants can book for the various workshops according to the workshop schedule.
- Workshop dates can be mutually agreed upon for groups/corporates at the client site or at ENJO Consultants
What are ENJO Consultants’ Credentials
ENJO Consultants are accredited with the following bodies:
- The South African Board for People Practices (SABPP) to offer this qualification.
Accreditation Number: 58116L125EC.
- The Education, Training and Development Practices Sector Education and Training Authority (ETDP SETA).
Accreditation Number: ETDP10602.
- Media, Information & Communication Technologies Sector Education & Training Authority (MICT SETA)
Accreditation Number: ACC/2015/07/0048
ENJO Consultants has established itself as a reputable targeted training solutions provider amongst various corporates and ETQAs.
- ENJO Consultants are also registered with SACE for a variety of training programmes.
Where will the workshops take place?
- ENJO Consultants: Company and Individual Bookings – workshops take place according to scheduled dates.
- ENJO Consultants: Group Bookings – workshops can be scheduled for groups at ENJO Consultants on dates mutually agreed upon with the client.
- Other/Client Site: Workshops can be presented at various training venues or at the client site depending on numbers and suitability of the venue.