- SAQA Unit Standard 117877 – Perform one-to-one training on the job. NQF Level 3, 4 Credits
- SAQA Unit Standard 114215 – Mentor a colleague to enhance the individual`s knowledge, skills, values and attitudes in a selected career path. NQF Level 4, 3 Credits
- NQF Level 3/4
- Duration 2 days
- Credits Earned 7
- There is open access to this Unit Standard. Learners should be competent in Communication,
- Mathematical and Financial Literacy at Level 3.
Frequently Asked Questions about Coaching and Mentoring
What is in it for me?
- Gains a formal qualification in Coaching and Mentoring
- Credits towards a full qualification
- Improves employability
- Allows the individual to share knowledge and experience
- Change in career focus
- SETA Accredited Training Programme
- SACE has endorsed ENJO Consultants Coaching and Mentoring training and allocated 10 PD points towards the CPDT for educators who successfully complete the programme.
- Allows the individual to register as a coach and mentor with COMENSA
What is in it for the company?
- Have a registered/qualified Coaches and Mentors
- Address skills gaps
- Improve productivity
- Limit time away from work due to employees having to go for training
- Ensure that employees are ready for assessment
- Assist in career development plans
- Improved BEE scorecard
- Employers who are registered to claim skills levies will be able to claim skills levies when sending their staff on this training programme.
- Assist in advising employees of learning opportunities
Who should attend the training?
- Those wishing to attend a SETA accredited training programme on coaching and mentoring
- Those who wish to gain the qualification for Coaching and Mentoring.
- Those who wish to work/function as Coaches and Mentors
- Human Resource Managers
- People who have been tasked with inducting, coaching or mentoring new entrants into the workplace
What do Coaches and Mentors do?
- Performs one-on-one training in the workplace.
- Assists learners/interns/employees with the acquisition of practical skills in the workplace.
- Ensures that learners/interns/employees are ready for assessment.
- Guides and supports a newly appointed employee or learner in the workplace.
- Guides employees on their career path within a company.
What qualification does this programme link to?
This ETDP SETA accredited training programme is linked to the following programmes:
- 50332 National Certificate: Occupationally Directed Education Training and Development Practices – Level 4
- 61591 National Diploma: Human Resources Management and Practices – Level 4
Teachers and persons registered with SACE can earn 10 CPTD points with this programme.